The education committee has been meeting via Zoom on Mondays since shortly after the pandemic hit. Due to the lobbying nature of the topics for which our committee advocates, we operate under the 501(c)4 status of our sponsor organization, Dear JCPS. We operate on consensus whenever possible, however, sometimes time constraints or public sentiment require official decisions to be made, at which time our decision-making council can be called upon to cast a vote when appropriate.
- JCPS Tax Increase (July – Nov. 2020)
- It’s Our Time, JCTA! (Feb., 2021)
- Stop It In The Senate (March, 2021)
- Special Session (Sept, 2021)
- JCPS Student Assignment Plan (DELAYED)
- All History Matters (opposition to anti-CRT legislation)
- School Board Meetings (support masking, safe in-person instruction)